PNG :. CRITERIA FOR TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE DOMESTIC PNG CONNECTION
- EXISTENCE OF MDPE: The laying of MDPE pipeline of the pipe shall be done in fulfillment of the following:
1(a) A technically feasible area/locality/ society / building shall have provision to lay MDPE pipelines and its lanes shall have free accessibility for fire tender in case of any emergency.
The under-developed slum areas, water-logging areas, places with soak pits, narrow lanes that do not have room for excavation and/or the narrow and/ or crowded lanes which prevent accessing the area in case of emergency and structurally unstable buildings shall be considered technically not feasible.
1(b) A technically feasible domestic PNG connection shall have provision for connecting the customer’s premises with the service MDPE line with the riser for the customers building.
The connectivity service pipeline to customers building from the mainline should be possible without posing any hindrance or safety hazard.
- POSITION OF REGULATOR: The regulator must be installed on a permanent structure like outside wall in area which is freely accessible and open to atmosphere.
- INSTALLATION OF SERVICE PIPE(GI/CU ): The installation of the pipe shall be done in fulfillment of the following:
3(a)-Pipeline route should not encompass any portion where pipe shall remain hanging after installation i.e., without any support.
3(b)- The support shall be a permanent structure like concrete wall.
3(c)- Pipe shall enter kitchen/ bathroom directly, without passing through any other room like living room, bedroom etc. However, any alternative open-to-atmosphere routes, regardless of the pipeline length involved, shall be acceptable.
3(d)-Pipe shall not enter the kitchen/bathroom from the roof ceiling but always through vertical walls.
3(e) - Pipe/ meter shall be installed at a minimum distance of 300mm from any electrical point/cable, cooking appliance or gas heater the vicinity of any electrical utility.
- CONCEALMENT OF SERVICE PIPE (GI/CU) - Service pipe in full or part there of shall not be camouflaged in the customer’s premises and shall always be exposed or open to atmosphere.
- CUSTOMER OWNED PIPELINE - Any customer owned pre-fit pipe is not acceptable i.e. technically unacceptable and cannot be used as IGL’s gas carrier.
- LOCATION OF METER - The domestic meter shall be installed inside or outside kitchen at an open-to-atmosphere place, which is at a minimum distance of 300mm from any electrical point/cable, cooking appliance or gas heater. Furthermore, the location of the meter shall be such that it is easily readable to the meter reader and approachable for maintenance.
- LOCATION OF KITCHEN - The location of kitchen shall be such that it has a provision of permanent ventilation of minimum size 35x35 sq. cm/ window or it may be a door-less kitchen.